Repeal of SB236! Delegate Mike McDermott (R-District 38B) sponsored House Bill 106 for us. This bill calls for a full repeal of SB236 which passed last year crushing property rights. We can remove that boot from our neck by fully supporting HB106 this year.
So, what can you do as a concerned citizen of Maryland to help this repeal pass?
1) Call and email Delegate Maggie McIntosh, Chair, House Environmental Matters Committee. Ask her to allow a vote on HB106 in her committee.
- Her email is firstname.lastname@example.org
- Her phone number is (410) 841-3990
2) Call and email Delegate Galen Clagett a local Frederick Representative who has not yet supported HB106. Ask him to support HB106.
- His email is email@example.com
- His phone number is (410) 841-3436
3) Show up on Wednesday February 6th at the Environmental Matters Committee hearing on HB106 at noon to testify (or support those of us who are testifying).
Our bill will be heard in the Environmental Matters Committee on February 6th, 2013 at 1:00 p.m. This Committee hearing will be held in Room 251 of the Lowe House Office Building. You have to sign up on the “Witness Sheet” in the House Environmental Matters Committee room by 12:00pm. We need patriots like you to come out to this hearing in Annapolis to testify in favor of this bill.
5) Email all of your contacts our website and facebook links on this issue.
6) And finally if you know people who have not yet signed our petition to repeal SB236, please point them to it...
Thank you for your support in restoring property rights to rural Marylanders!